Tuesday, August 20, 2013

AQS Quilt Show Grand Rapids 2013

What a fun day!  Many wonderful quilts and an abundance of quality vendors.  Eye candy overload!

General overview convention hall picture taken from outer aisle.   
Despite wearing well-cushioned running shoes, I returned home with throbbing feet and legs.  But it was so worth it!  I drove approximately 170 miles from Detroit area to Grand Rapids and then returned home the same day.

With respect to AQS policy of no quilt photos without quilt tag that includes maker's name, I can post just a few snapshots.  Next year I'll be more organized and take better photos of tags as there were some awesome quilts.   Here I am with my Interstate 96 windblown hairdo and Sunshine Sherbet.  I was both surprised and delighted to have SS accepted into this show.




One of my favorites was "Folk Art in the Vineyard" by Teresa Rawson of the popular quilt blog Fabric Therapy.   Quilt pattern was a Lori Smith design.  Lori was a show vendor and she was delighted to see Teresa's use of colors.


Permission Granted

I observed many stopping to admire and photograph it.


Applique work is finely detailed and stitched.



There were so many other great vendors with patterns and wonderful fabrics.  So difficult to choose.  However, this is what I came home with as I want to and need to make an I Spy quilt.  Therefore, I bought mostly novelty fabrics and a few notions which include the plastic sheets to wrap fabric for storage.


Hopefully, other AQS participants will post photos of their quilts so others can view them!


No comments: