Monday, September 23, 2013

On My Design Wall

Thank you to Judy for hosting Design Wall Mondays at Patchwork Times.  This week I am able to show my progress on my design wall.



During this past week, I cut out some more pieces for my remaining patches.  I am trying to have a true scrap quilt per NQA entry requirements (75 different fabrics).

Below is how I am playing with fabrics on my design wall.  A few blocks need to be pieced and a few need to be tweaked.



I've been playing and moving around scraps this past week.  Now I can start piecing them into blocks.

Had it not been for my design wall, I would not have seen the overall affect nor ever been able to count up to 75 fabrics. LOL! After my tweaks and using some of my less desirable fabrics, the main body will have 76 different fabrics.

My border fabrics will add more prints.

3 comments:

Julie in GA said...

I love pink and brown together. Your quilt is going to look terrific!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks like this is going to be a great quilt.

Teresa Rawson said...

Congrats on your new blog! I love blogging, but need to settle down and sew more so I can blog more, LOL! Your pink and brown project is so beautiful! I love that color combo and just love the churn dash block. I have a pink and brown UFO I need to finish!!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)