Sunday, November 13, 2016

Crochet Fleece

Many stitchers have participated in some form of charity sewing. Unfortunately, I have not until recently being presented with an opportunity. My church has a prayer blanket ministry and all they ask is for people to add crochet edges to precut fleece. The fleece, yarn and prepunched holes are provided. Today as I join others for Slow Sunday Stitching hosted by Kathy, I will be working on a blanket.

To be honest, I had not done any crocheting for years. I went to youtube to brush up and found the Linus Project video. Easy peasy. In the past few weeks, I finished two lap-size blankets which were a great project for me to refresh my crocheting skills. It went so well that while shopping at Joann's I purchased fleece to make another one which will be donated. 

Prior to starting the blankets, I disciplined myself that I would finish my current project.  And I did!



Have a good week!







6 comments:

cspoonquilt said...

Oh your bunnies are so cute! And finishing the edge like that, what a great idea!

Jill said...

Thank you. The crochet edge goes quickly and I find it to be relaxing.

The Cozy Quilter said...

The bunny is adorable!

Jill said...

Thanks. As the bunny came together more and more, it was fun knitting. I may knit another dress in the reverse colorway.

Dawn said...

The bunny is super cute! Your blankets will be enjoyed and appreciated, fun colors too.

Miaismine said...

I am a "hooker" as well! Awesome idea for the fleece blankets! This would be a great project for cold winter nights/days as well! I wonder - how did they pre-punch the holes to crochet in? I have only seen the method where one would blanket stitch around the edges to get started. Very good idea about pre-punching the holes!

I absolutely love your knitted bunny! She looks friendly and huggable!

Thank you for sharing! :)