Sunday, December 10, 2017

Slow Santa Stitching

The needlepoint Santa that I am stitching for a gift is going way too slow.... I filled in some spots today and plan to stitch the red dots on the white gift.
With only two weeks to go, I am becoming realistic on my inability to finish before Christmas. I forgive myself as other holiday family doings have come along that are also a priority. In the past week, I hosted our family's annual gingerbread house decorating party. Hint: teens will continue to attend as long as you feed them ;-)
We toured the Edsel & Eleanor Ford House with its Christmas decorations welcoming holiday visitors. It is open to the public year round and is a place I highly recommend touring should you be in the Metro Detroit area.
Edsel & Eleanor Ford House

2017 Holiday Tree at the Edsel & Eleanor Ford House
Hopefully, others are making better progress with Kathy on Slow Sunday Stitching.

Jill

2 comments:

CathieJ said...

Good luck with finishing Santa. He is really adorable. I love the idea of a Gingerbread decorating day. I tried to do that once and no one was interested.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Christmas always seems to arrive before I get everything done! Santa looks great! We used to decorate gingerbread houses every year with our daughter and nieces.