Saturday, July 6, 2019

Christmas in July

This week it is a pleasure to link up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching after a long absence. 


Santa was spotted in a local needlepoint store as a sample piece. It was love ♥️ at first sight, and I had to stitch one for my very own.  He was started this week with plans of completion before middle of September which is the deadline for the shop to send to the needlepoint finisher.


In the meantime, the previously posted valentine heart was project was finished in May.  Instead of being late, I shall say that I was eight months early for 2020 Valentine's Day. 😉


It is my intent to have the blue Santa completed and on display this December.  There is a whole line of various Squatty Santas which are designed and hand painted by Strictly Christmas. Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching keeps me motivated to hand stitch and helps me attain my goals.  Recently Kathy celebrated her 7th anniversary of encouraging stitchers to slow down and enjoy the process of hand work. Awesome!

Before I close, I would like to give a belated shout out to another Kathi at Design Originals by KC as I was the lucky recipient (months ago) of one of her giveaways - a handy pouch that she had made.  I use it to hold my crochet hooks.  Supposedly they are quick and relatively easy to make, but I'd much rather win one. 😊 I wonder how she accomplishes so many things.


Until next time,
Jill 



22 comments:

CathieJ said...

I adore that blue Santa. I wish you luck in finishing before September. Your Valentine's heart is gorgeous. Enjoy your stitching.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love the heart cross stitch and it's great to have a project finished in time for the next holiday. Santa is cute too. I'm not a cross stitcher and it's amazing to me how fast you can complete a project. Happy Stitching!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love that Santa!

Sarah said...

He is a cute Santa. How clever of you to be so organised for valentines 2020!

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a fun stitchery to enjoy! I like that photo taken outside that shows the size of the project... you have a lovely place to take some stitches today!

Karrin Hurd said...

I love that squatty Santa. Great job on being early on the valentine!

Jill said...

Blue Santa is moving along nicely today. This week I plan on going to needlepoint shop for beard assistance ��.

Jill said...

Santa measures six inches tall and despite lots of individual stitches, he's coming along rather quickly. Knock on wood.

Jill said...

Thanks Carole! He is a pleasure to stitch.

Jill said...

My heart cleverness went missed two Valentine's Days. Lol.

Jill said...

Santa is fun to stitch. During the summer months, I enjoy stitching outdoors in the early morning and evening hours as the patio is on west side of house. Too sunny and hot. I find natural outdoor lighting the best and easiest on the eyes for close work.

Jill said...

Squatty Santas can be addicting. The third completion of the heart was the third charm as I missed completing in time for two other Valentine's Day. Therefore, I'm trying to being more focused for Santa.

Deb said...

Love that Santa he is adorable and you are coming along great. Sweet finish on the Valentine just in time for 2020.

Birthe Marie said...

That Santa is adorable! Congrats on your Valentine's heart. I think it was smart to say that you are 8 months early. Well done! :-)

Deb A said...

What an adorable santa and that heart is just waiting for valentines 2020! Congrats on the win - Kathy makes some great items.

Jill said...

The Santa was irresistible. He came to the top of the list of hand stitching projects.

Jill said...

Thank you! Santa is so adorable that I can hardly resist stitching him.

Jill said...

Completion of heart has motivated me onto the finish of Santa. The needlepoint heart is patiently waiting in the closet for next Valentine's Day. It was nice to be able to bring her out of storage for a quick photo shoot.

Jenny said...

Your Blue Santa is cuteness itself!

Jill said...

Thanks Jenny. His cuteness makes him fun to stitch.

Heide said...

Your Santa is just darling! Looking forward to seeing him done. Your heart for Valentines day 2020 is super cute too.

Created by Kathi said...

I love all the fun you shared... I missed you being an active blogger but understand life gets in the way sometimes and we have to do what is necessary to stay plugged into life first and fun things like blogging about life second or last :)
I am glad you chose the sea turtle pouch and had a use for it... can you believe I am about to learn crochet from my quilting teacher... my bestie connie is helping me learn to crochet for a project I fell in love with!!!! Have a blessed week. I may send you a private email in the future if I need help with crochet!!! lol Kathi