Sunday, August 30, 2020

Slow Sunday Knitting

Evidently, I've been bitten by the knitting bug recently as other stitching projects have been put aside. I needed a new set of golf club covers and desired to knit them. After searching the internet for a good pattern of which there are many, I've settled on several. I'll attempt to combine different patterns along with a final design that I have in mind. The outcome will be a bit of a mystery even for myself (fingers crossed). It's not a pretty/cute project, yet functional. The yarn I am using is not an attractive color by itself, but it coordinates nicely with my new golf bag.


When I get to the stockinette section of the cover, I prefer to knit in the round and will use the magic loop method. In the past I've struggled a bit as I don't magic loop often. Therefore, I went to youtube for a brush up. This link by Rox Richardson has been helpful personally and 
may help others should you want try the magic loop method.

As summer draws to a close, I'd like to share a field of small sunflowers from a nearby field. Two years ago, there were large sunflowers planted. These must be their seedlings. 

Today as I link with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching party, I'll be magic looping!

Until next time,

Jill


9 comments:

Karrin Hurd said...

Love that field of sunflowers! What a beautiful sight

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely sunflower patch! So happy looking!
Such a fun project to knit... love it when inspiration strikes!
Enjoy your hand stitching!

Created by Kathi said...

I made my dad some golf club covers as a young girl... I idolized my dad.. what a nice walk you just gave me down memory lane remembering something I had completely forgotten that was positive from my youth.. thanks friend <3
Hope all is well.. I love the walk you took to take the field of flowers looking so beautiful.. I only have memes and such .. you have reality! Kathi

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh those sunflowers are beautiful!

Sarah said...

You are right Jill lots of people have caught the knitting bug! I'm looking forward to seeing your golf club covers. I'm not very good using the circular needles so will take a look at your link thanks. Lovely field of sunflowers, such happy flowers.

Kim said...

What a stunning field of sunflowers! I have never heard of knitted covers for golf clubs. Yours are perfectly co-ordinated with your new golf bag.

Kyle said...

It's nice to have color coordinated golf club covers. Love the field of sunflowers. They're such happy flowers.

Carol said...

You are so multi-talented when it comes to needlework, Jill! Your new golf club covers will look quite spiffy for your next round of golf, I'm sure :) Love sunflowers (along with hydrangeas they are my favorite flower) so your photo certainly brings a smile this morning :) Happy September to you!

Ivani said...

The sun flowers are so beautiful. This picture is a gift for all of us. Thanks.
Enjoy your knitting.
Stay safe and happy stitching!