Saturday, August 31, 2024

Quilt Show Photos

 Bit by bit progress is being made on my long overdue UFO. Two appliqued borders are complete and were added to the flimsy. Today I am playing with the side borders, corners and appliquing more boring stems.



Last weekend I was fortunate to attend the AQS Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Lots of eye candy was on display. Here is a small portion of the quilts along with the quilter's name. Since this post will be linked with Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts, the first two quilts pictured were exquisitely quilted by hand. If you are interested in seeing larger photos, I think you click on image it should open up full size.



by JoAnn Nichols


by Aki Sakai

Kim Stickney


by Kim Fong


by Ruth Rembis




by Joan E. Brink


by Janet Stone











If you had the time to view and made it this far, I hope you enjoyed despite the photos being taken with a phone which due not show their true beauty. Have a good week!

Jill









6 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wow! Those are very detailed quilts! Your colourful appliqué border is gorgeous! Gail at the cozy quilter

CathieJ said...

Oh my, those quilts are gorgeous. I wonder how long each of them took to assemble and then quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The handwork on those quilts is just amazing! I bet they were especially wonderful to see in person!

Jenny said...

Such amazing quilts. Once I zoomed in I could see the ruching on the first one, and the amazing loopy edging on the blue on, both wonderfully quilted too. Thanks so much for sharing.

Maggie said...

Thank you for sharing your photos of the quilt show, I love Sue Garman . Her patterns are just gorgeous and a few are waiting to be made. You made my day!

Rebecca Grace said...

Jill, you know your appliqué stems are anything BUT boring! I love that print you chose in place of a more typical solid or tonal stem fabric. Thanks for sharing the beautiful show quilts, too!