Sunday, September 15, 2024

Applique Continues

Another beautiful near end-of-summer morning to sit outside on the patio and stitch. The mornings tend to be more peaceful and quiet than later in the day.  Sewing in natural daylight (shaded) is easy on the eyes.


Finally working on the last border. This is one of the last flowers to be stitched down. Edges were prepared using the starch and template heat-resistent method plastic. I learned mostly from watching Erin Russek and Kaye Buckley on youtube. Personally, it is more relaxing to have edges pre-turned and all I have to do is stitch. 




In the hot afternoon, I will be indoors watching the Detroit Lions game. During slow plays and the many commercials I’ll be crocheting edges on fleece blankets for charitable donations and visiting others at Slow Sunday Stitching.


Happy Sewing!
Jill


2 comments:

Kim said...

All the green of nature must be easy on the eyes too, as you happily hand stitch away, Jill. I didn't know there was such a thing as heat resistant template plastic. I like having all my edges turned under ready to sew onto the fabric, as well. Enjoy the game while you crochet away.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wow…the last border! So pretty ! Great stitching to work on during the game. Gail