Friday, February 21, 2014

Cabin Fever Cure


Snoodles at Lily Pad Quilting has a clever linky party regarding curing cabin fever.  Great idea!

The positive thing for me, this crazy winter, is that it has kept me indoors; therefore, I have accomplished a decent amount of quilting.  The daylight hours with the sun (and/or reflection from the deep snow) streaming through the windows is making for easy-on-the-eyes hand work. 




On the good weather days (over 10 degrees) some of my outings have lead me to estate sales.  My recent finds include two yards of rosebud material interspersed with tiny red hearts.  Per Murphy’s Law, I purchased it after Valentine’s Day.  Lol.  At the same sale, there were nice pieces of vintage trim.



Two weeks ago, I was attended an estate sale at a lovely home in an affluent community.  It was a traditional home filled with quality items.  I was tickled to find this soft white baby yarn from Norway along with knitting needles.




This was the home where I purchaed the yarn.  All I wanted to do is curl up in their comfy chair located near the bay window and knit.



Reading blogs has also kept cabin fever at bay.  I got this idea from Kelly's blog, PinkADot Quilts.  My husband asked to me finish some snow shoveling for him as he had to leave for work early (due to the bad roads).  When he came home, this is what he found.  

To see what others are doing to stay out of trouble and avoid cabin fever, check out Lily Pad Quilting.

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You have lovely handquilting. Oh, the feet in the snow is too cute -

katyquilts said...

Such great finds! I love estate sales but there aren't too many around here this time of year.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Great snowman! It has been a very long winter!

Bobbie said...

drooling over that trim! oh it is gorgeous!
I may need to add that snowman to my yard too! LOve it

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Love the boots in the air - got to laughing so hard hubby wanted to know why - showed him the picture, he said she must be awnery like you. I said must be. :)