Sunday, September 3, 2017

Knitting Goal Met

This afternoon I slowly knitted the crown of a pink newborn hat that I have been working on the past several weeks. It has been my Slow Stitching Sunday goal. The slow part was switching from a circular needle to DPNs. I found it to be a personal challenge.
With a satisfactory result after several previous not-so-good hat attempts, I'm going to take a hat knitting break and find another needlework project. Knitting in the round on a circular needle is relaxing; the DPNs are cumbersome. Next time I will try the magic loop method for decreasing.

Happy Labor Day to us in the States and our Canadian neighbors.

Jill



3 comments:

Robin said...

I admire your determination to get things right. I tried knitting with double point needles on a pair of socks. I'm still at the turning of the heel point on the first sock. It's been years. . .

Kristin said...

Your hat is adorable. I used to make a very similar newborn hat, too. I could crank them out in no time flat. Sadly, my knitting has taken a back seat lately. I've been focusing on handstitching instead. xoxo

Created by Kathi said...

So happy to see you KNITTING and such a cute hat too!!! Thanks for sharing this with us :) Kathi