Sunday, September 8, 2019

New Project

Now that Santa stitching is finished, I was considering what type of hand needlework that I could do next as I'm always motivated by Kathy who hosts Slow Sunday Stitching faithfully each week.  Like many others I already have supplies, patterns and kits for all kinds of needle and thread projects.  With that being said, this past week when I dropped off Santa at The Wool and Floss, I walked out with yet another new needlepoint canvas.  Lol!

As we are preparing for a trip to the Canadian Rockies, stitching the background should be a relatively mindless thing to work on while waiting at the airport, in the air and wherever.  Sorry not going to Paris despite the project I picked. Lol!

In regards to quilting and traveling, perhaps there will be time for a quick visit to a popular quilt store in the town of Canmore in Alberta, The Sugar Pine Company which was awarded one of the top ten quilt stores in North America. Has anyone visited that shop?

Until next time,
Jill


6 comments:

CathieJ said...

I like your new project. That shop looks very inviting.

Jill said...

Thanks! Hope to be near the shop when it is open.

Sarah said...

I like your new project, especially that cute French poodle!

Kim said...

How fabulous....a trip to the Canadian Rockies. Love your new stitchery you will be working on. I wonder what pretties you will acquire when you visit that fabulous shop??

Jill said...

Coincidence, the French poodle also caught my eye, well as did the Eiffel Tower :-) The poodle's black 'fur' I intend to stitch in french knots.

Jill said...

The Canadian Rockies have been on the bucket list a long time so I am excited about going. I wonder also what 'pretties' I shall find as their website claims to have 8000 bolts of fabric!