Sunday, September 26, 2021

Fall Knitting

Cooler, crisp weather arrived this week. It puts one in the mood for fall attire, decorations and projects. This week I've began knitting an autumn-colored cowl.  A very simple pattern of which I obtained the idea from a cowl purchased at a craft show pre-Covid.  It's all garter stitched from an ombre/graduated yarn. 

Below is the craft-sale cowl.  It appears to have been made out of an acrylic yarn due to its tendency to pill yet it's very soft and warm.  Rectangle shape, gathered at each end and decorated with a knitted and/or crocheted flower.


Perhaps some of you've seen The Hocus Pocus quilt pattern by The Pattern Basket?  It's a pattern with Fig Tree fabrics that I could not resist.  Here and there, I've been machine piecing the pumpkins. 


As September draws to an end, it's time to say good-bye to the impatiens which were planted along the north side of the garage. They did terrific this summer growing to over 2 feet!


Back to Slow Sunday Stitching with others at Kathy's Quilts.  Have a good week!

Jill

4 comments:

CathieJ said...

Those impatiens were beautiful. Wow they grew large. I like the yarn you are using for your cowl. Those fabrics for the quilt are so pretty.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your pumpkins! It is definitely time for all things pumpkin. such pretty yarn you are knitting with!

Kyle said...

I had fun with some Fig Tree fall fabric too. Who can resist!

Carol said...

Wow! Those impatiens loved that location--amazing how much they grew, Jill! Lovely yarn that you're using and I adore the pumpkin quilt pattern and fabrics. I really wish I had learned to quilt when I was younger. I know I still could, but I hate to give up my stitching time for anything--ha ha! Enjoy your evening!