Sunday, October 17, 2021

Slow Knitting

As my usual speed, there is slow progress on a knitting project ~ a cowl done in a simple garter stitch.  Slow, yet enjoyable. Soon I shall be crocheting a flower as an embellishment.  So far it has been a warm autumn, thus the weather has called me outdoors.  

Recently, I picked up a sweet basket at a yard sale without knowing what to put in the basket.  While doing fall yard work, the empty basket pondering was resolved by adding the trimmed hydrangea.

Happy days this past week as there was a charming quilt show in the area! Quilts were made by the "Quilters in Training" guild of Capac, Michigan.  This was my favorite which also won Quilters Choice.  


On display was a wonderful collection of feedsack dresses which once belonged to a local farming family.  

More happy days as next weekend I will be at a quilt retreat in Michigan's thumb.  

While away, I look forward to making progress on two UFO quilts.  Today I have enjoyed joining other kindred slow stitchers at Kathy's Quilts.  

Jill


2 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Such pretty colours in that yarn! You and I knit at the same speed...slowly! The retreat sounds glorious. I am going to a retreat with a friend soon. I also hope to finish off some UFO's! Spectacular quilt at the show!

Carol said...

Love your latest cowl progress, Jill--the colors are so perfect for this time of year. I just cut my hydrangeas and did the same thing... they look so pretty displayed in a small basket in my foyer. I can see why you picked that particular quilt as your favorite--it is stunning! Hope you're enjoying the second half of October!