Sunday, January 14, 2024

Quilt Basting

On this cold blustery Michigan winter day, I continue hand basting a quilt top in preparation for machine quilting.  There are high hopes to finish basting today.

I use the board basting method of which there are several youtube videos on how to should you be interested.


The most recent project, a crocheted scarf, was finished in the nick of time for the way below freezing temperatures. Due to the sniffles 🤧, I haven't been out and the scarf has yet to be used. Next time when I'm bundled up, I'll take a photo.

For all those living in the northern hemisphere, please stay warm on today's Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy! May the southern hemisphere stitchers, enjoy the warm weather!

Jill

P.S. Go Detroit Lions 🦁

2 comments:

Kim said...

Jill, I must say I'm enjoying the warm summery days down here. I think you might need more than your lovely crochet scarf to keep you warm. It sounds freezing there. Such a lovely quilt you are readying to machine quilt. Keep warm!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Blustery and cold here too. We went out for a walk this afternoon. The sun was shining and we were dressed properly to stay warm. Hope to see your scarf once you are feeling better. This is a gorgeous quilt! I’m looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.