Sunday, June 30, 2024

Bright Flowers

Oh My Goodness 2024 is half over. Time to get out the list of stithing resolutions and pick up where I left off (wink).  An UFO has come out of the closet and is being revitatlized.  A floral design is being appliqued to the borders.  


For placement purposes, I'm using applique pins. Later today when I begin hand stitching, I'll try glue baste to hold the pieces in place. The centers of the large flowers have already been appliqued. It's been a good while since I've been able to join Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching so I'm happy to do so.

In May I put together a planter instead of buying a pre-made one from the nursery. I like the bright pink blossoms on this newer variety of geraniums (at least in my area) called Calliope Large Lavender Mega Splash. At the front and center is an annual which sells out quickly, Fiber Optics. I think it adds great interest to the planter without overpowering the other flowers.



Happy Canada Day and Happy 4th of July!
Jill

2 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

That green Kaffe print is in my current secret project! Pretty appliqué!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The applique is lovely, so is your planter!