Thursday, May 5, 2016

Quilt Sale & Quilt Show

Recently I participated in my guild's 'quilter-to-quilter' sale which was similar to a 'mom-to-mom' sale.  Members were able to rent a table for cheap and sell whatever was in their quilting stash. I had vintage quilts, fabric, books, etc. Shoppers paid a nominal fee to attend and buy bargains.  It was a good spring fundraiser for the guild.



For the third consecutive year, I drove south to Ohio to attend the Sauder Village Quilt Show.  It was wonderful.

















My timing was good as I met Debbie Wick while she was standing at her award-winning wall hanging. Exquisite workmanship and a well-deserved ribbon. 300+ dime-size (or smaller) hand applique circles and oh those hexies!  Click here to view her blog.


At last year's show, I also got lucky and met up with Teresa Rawson from Fabric Therapy who unfortunately was unable to attend this year.  Teresa takes the best and most photos of the SV show.

If you are within driving distance and it fits you schedule, I highly recommend planning a trip next year.  Hundreds of quilts attractively displayed. Sauder Village Quilt Show is not commercialized; it's all about the individual quilts.

After being inspired by viewing awesome quilts and selling some of my stash, I am motivated to reorganize my sewing space.  My sewing machine is moving up from the basement to the first floor near a window.  I enjoy sewing more with natural light and it is easier on my eyes.  

Still working on other UFO's Dolly Dress-up Quilt and the Knitted Bunny which unfortunately did not make the Easter basket in a timely fashion  :-(  Their progress will now be posted going forward here on Sew Bliss.

Hope you enjoyed the few quilt photos. There were at least 100 more quilts.

6 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I've been wanting to go to that show, but we are usually at the beach during the month of May. So thanks for sharing your visit ... I feel like I visited through your eyes/camera.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Hi Jill, you must visit Rett, at the Gazebo House blog. She loves quilting, and lives in Ohio.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Here's the link:
rettspace.blogspot.com

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I enjoyed the photos very much; thank you for sharing! :)

Jill said...

Hi Deb, I am glad you liked the photos from the Sauder Village Show. It is an enjoyable venue with a plethora of quilts. I first learned about it from Teresa at Fabric Therapy. Jill

Jill said...

Hi Deb, I am glad you liked the photos from the Sauder Village Show. It is an enjoyable venue with a plethora of quilts. I first learned about it from Teresa at Fabric Therapy. Jill