Sunday, November 19, 2017

Santa Stitching

Today stitching will continue on the needlepoint Santa ornament. Some progress was made this past week.

Work has begun on his hat and beard, fur trim, and gift. As each section is completed, Santa is coming to life.

The past few days I was sidetracked by going to an estate sale and antique show. Coincidentally, I "found" other Santas that just had to come home with me. 😊

Another found treasurer was a hand stitched needlepoint eyeglass case which will hold my drug store "readers / magnifiers" nicely.  The lady made clever use of her leftover persain wool.  I don't have to make a case and the colorful scrappy fibers make it easy to find.
Therefore, today I will join Kathy and others at Slow Sunday Stitching to finish in time for Christmas gift giving.

Enjoy your Sunday,
Jill



6 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

You got lots of stitching on Santa done this week! The glasses case even matches your glasses--perfect!

Quilter Kathy said...

Santa is coming to life!
Great Santa finds!

Sarah said...

Santa is so cute!

Robin said...

I love that little Lefton Santa figurine in the front. He would have come home with me too.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I love your Father Christmas collection, it is fun to have a theme. I hope you got some sewing done.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your cross stitch Santa certainly is jolly--very cute! Love that pink Santa too!