Saturday, February 10, 2018

Heart Stitching

Progress was made on the needlepoint heart. Half the heart is finished. Sunday I will join others at Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching while I begin stitching the left side. It will be hard to concentrate as I will be switching channels between the Olympics and the Pebble Beach Golf Tournament. I enjoy the scenery along the California coastline.
Looking forward to adding the pretty sparkly pink beads at the end.

During the upcoming week, I hope to get more red and white disappearing 4-patch blocks completed. Last week I made a simple design wall.  Not all the completed blocks fit, so I will have to come up with a Plan B. Lol. At least it is beneficial to have most of the blocks up. In order to meet my OMG I, need to piece 11 more blocks.
If you stop by on Monday when I link to Design Wall Monday, I will go into more detail on how I hung my inexpensive design wall without having to make any holes in the wall.

Jill

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your stitching of the heart is so pretty

Design Originals by KC said...

I am LOVING your heart !!! How big is this gonna be?? I can't guage size from your photo ;D
I also LOVE Your design wall.. that is exactly what I used when I first got used to a design wall and using one and didn't have a dedicated sewing room was similar at least... can't wait to see how you made yours exactly as I will be setting up my sewing room in our new to us home next month and will want details!
Thanks for sharing! Kathi

Deb said...

Oh that stitched heart is beautiful, love the red and white blocks.

marebear said...

You do beautiful stitching!

Debbie Huber said...

What amazing Valentine projects. I love the disappearing four patch in reds. So striking. And your beautiful workmanship for your cross stitch/ needlepoint is wonderful! I hope you are enjoying the many colors and stitches in the making.

Laura said...

Love, love, love your heart stitching project!

Cathy said...

I love anything to do with hearts and valentines. How beautiful. I haven't done any needlepoint since the 70s. Good luck with your OMG. I'm not sure I'll make my goal!

CathieJ said...

What a pretty heart with so many different and beautiful stitches. I really like that disappearing nine patch quilt also.

Sarah said...

Very pretty project!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your heart stitchery is so beautiful! Enjoy the olympics and the stitching!