Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Red & White Blocks ~ OMG

During the month of February I pieced more blocks for the red and white disappearing four patch.


Previously, I was unsure on the finished size and if there would be a border or not. I am a visual person, therefore, I needed to get the blocks on a design wall to help me decide.


I prefer the layout of six rows across and eight down. When the borders are added it, will be approximately the size of a twin comforter.

As they quilt, grew two design walls were made one with a gridded gray flannel and the other with leftover cotton batting. A third one will be made as the quilt is getting larger. Note the bottom row is taped on. Lol.

My personal preference is to have a border which I need to determine next. This month's  motivation was meeting a deadline for One Monthly Goal (OMG) at Elm Street Quilts. Mission accomplished. Design wall is up and blocks necessary are completed.

Admittedly, there were several February distractions, i.e., Olympics, a needlepoint project and thoughts of spring reorganizing.


I hope to do more quilt piecing in March.  I am also linking to WIPs on Wednesdays where you can view great projects in the making.

Jill 

1 comment:

Patty said...

Love the red and white! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.