Sunday, March 25, 2018

Applique Practice

Making an applique quilt is on the list. The Flower Pots quilt pattern by Kim McLean was bought a couple of years of ago. Now it is time to practice in order to get started.

Yesterday, notions and fabric were gathered and some prep work was accomplished in order to join Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching party today.  :-)  I am going to try freezer paper and needle turn. The method that I choose will be the one that I find the easiest for myself. Wish me luck.


Some may have seen my needlepoint heart project. I am still working on the background. Initially, I thought the background was relaxing. Now it is leaning towards becoming boring (geesh). Another reason to practice applique stitches. ;-)

The red and white disappearing four patch has made some progress. This week a bit more work needs to be done in order to meet my OMG at Elm Street Quilts come Saturday.  Self discipline will be required early this week !
Jill







2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have a Kim McLean pattern that I bought some years ago now that I have never made, I meant to at one time but my love of applique has kind of slowed down over the years and I have gotten so it takes me years to finish one - well I ever make it I don't know but the colors are nice and bright like this one you show and has a huge basket of flowers in the center

Deanna W said...

Love that applique project. I saw this quilt or one similar done at a show and started to collect bright wild print to do it! I love needle turn applique myself.Less fussing!