Sunday, June 7, 2020

Stitching Finish

Variation of Lil' Miss Snow Angel
designed by Sugar Stitches on etsy


Christmas Carol is all stitched!  I shan't consider her a total finish as I have yet to make her into an ornament. For now she is relaxing after being in the hoop for a few weeks although I do release the linen when not stitching (most of the time).  As she was a small project and portable, it was enjoyable to stitch her while outdoors.

There was hope to finish Shades of Red, but our weather turned hot & humid. Although we have air conditioning, it wasn't in me to wrestle with a quilt and add binding.  The binding is done and waiting patiently to be attached. When storing my binding strips, I store them on an empty paper towel roll which also helps keep it together as I sew it to the quilt.

Since Christmas Carol was finished only yesterday, I shall have to find a new project to hand stitch with Kathy's dear followers at Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.  I may begin a snowman ornament or I may start cross stitching initials for homemade lavender sachets.  Hopefully, progress will be made on something the next time I post (my fingers are crossed). 

One of three Siberian Iris that bloomed in my yard. It lasted only three days. Peonies popped open in a day.

Please continue to be careful while out and about. This week my county had a spike in Covid cases. 

Take care,
Jill

Welcomed comments will be answered by a friendly email.


12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have fun hand stitching today - cute ornament! and love the flowers

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love how Christmas Carol turned out. She will make a great ornament. Your flowers are lovely too! Have a great week.

CathieJ said...

I see you decided to leave off the wings on your angel. She is so adorable as Christmas Carol. I like the snowman ornament that you are thinking of starting. The striped binding is pretty. Love the flowers. I had very few iris flowers this year.

Karrin Hurd said...

Your angel is adorable! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous flowers!

Created by Kathi said...

Next sunday could you share some views of your yard from further off... How do peonies grow ... in a bush?? I am loving those and need to see if they can grow here in NC....
That Carole is adorable... I love the border you added and wonder what you will decide on for the next item to stitch.
I love the binding you have planned for Shades of Red... Enjoy when it cools later in the week maybe :) Or wake early.. I love early morning stitching! lol
Kathi

Sarah said...

Christmas carol is lovely (you decided to leave off the wings then) very sweet! Those iris are such a beautiful deep blue and the peonies are very pretty.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Christmas Snow Angel is adorable! I really love that polka dotted linen you're stitching on. Where did you find that? I know what you mean about wrestling a big quilt around when it's hot. I'm machine quilting a lap-sized quilt right now, and that part isn't too bad because my sewing machine is in the cool basement, but sewing the binding on will be a warm job! Looking forward to seeing your next slow stitching project!

Kim said...

Your Christmas Carol is a most gorgeous finish, Jill. Binding a quilt in hot weather would be no fun, but I would rather love the hot weather. =) I cannot wait to see what pretty stitching you decide upon to show us next time. Take care and keep well, lovely laldy.

Faye said...

The Christmas Carol is so lovely!

and what beautiful flowers

Kyle said...

Christmas Carol is sweet without her wings. Striped fabric is always a great choice for a binding!

Carol said...

Aww... I love the way your little Christmas Carol turned out, Jill! She looks darling without her wings... And your next stitch is an adorable chart--it will look perfect on that fabric :)

Your peonies and iris are lovely. Sadly, I missed ours blooming as I was up in NY caring for my mom (who was just released from hospice I'm thrilled to report!). My husband sent me photos, but it wasn't quite the same. Both are such pretty flowers, I wish they would bloom for longer periods!

Enjoy your day!

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works

Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

#STAYSAFE