Saturday, May 30, 2020

Two Almost Finishes

Miss Snow Angel gained some personality this week when her sweet face, golden hair, and hair wreath were added!
A few finishing touches are needed. This week's link with Kathy's Slow Sunday StitchingI'll fill in the white dots on her cloak and dress. Actually, I like how she is looking without her white wings.  If I don't add the wings, she won't be an angel. Maybe then she'll become a Christmas Carol. Hmmm.....

The straight line quilting on the red and white was finished. During the last few rows, the quilt's name came to me as Shades of Red. In the last post I mentioned there are different shades of white embroidery floss. This week it is true for red as I think there are more than 15 red & white prints in the quilt. I'm working on the quilt binding and a reveal will be next week. Hint: the fabric is red and white.  :-)

A few days of hot weather and the clematis bloomed all at once.  The variety is The President.
Stay safe and continue 
wearing masks while out and about.
Take care,
Jill

Your welcomed comments will be replied with a friendly email.





11 comments:

Kim said...

With or without wings your Snow Angel/Christmas Carol is looking beautiful. Shades of Reds is the perfect name for your perfectly beautiful quilt. It is stunning, Jill! AND....your clematis; what a gorgeous colour it is, and the flower is enormous. It does look gorgeous climbing up the brick wall.

Created by Kathi said...

Oh Jill... your little Carol is looking darling... I just love that polka dot fabric she is on too... I look forward to seeing her finished next weekend and maybe the binding will be on "Shades of Red" <<< Another Awesome Name <<<
Stay safe and healthy.. I definitely always wear a mask outside my car when I am out and about ... no one has been in my car or home since this started!! Have a blessed day :) Kathi

Sarah said...

Your little angel does have a sweet face. those flowers on your clematis are huge and a gorgeous colour. Good name for your quilt too! Keep safe

CathieJ said...

Your angel is looking adorable. I love her little face. My clematis doesn't even have a bud on it. I wonder what happened this year. Here in NY masks are mandatory. I always have mine. Stay safe.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Yes that angel or caroler will be great whichever way you decide. I love her face too and part of the reason I really enjoy my Santa journey. Happy Stitching!

Karla (ThreadBndr) said...

Love the little angel/caroler. The fabric she is on makes her look like she is in a snowy winter landscape. Very cute. And I love red/white quilts - classic.

Kathy S. said...

She's just so cute!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've been working with a red and white project, too, so I totally understand what you mean about the different shades of red. I like them mixed together, but I can't imagine trying to match different red prints! Your red and white quilt looks beautiful! That clematis, too!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful stitching and lovely red and white quilt!

Kyle said...

Your little angel could just have her wings tucked in to avoid the snow. The clematis is gorgeous with such huge flowers. I've tried to grow them, but I think it's too dry here.

Carol said...

Aww... your little snow angel is darling on that polka dot fabric, Jill. How are you enjoying stitching on it? I have some, but haven't tried it yet. I actually really like her without her wings, too, but she will look cute whatever you decide. And what a gorgeous red and white quilt you're working on!

Our clematis is purple (although lighter than yours), too--so pretty! I wish they lasted all summer, though. I'm not sure we'll be planting much this year due to the deer who have made themselves so at home in our back yard :)

Hope June is a lovely month for you and your family--stay safe!