Sunday, May 7, 2023

Coronation Cross Stitch Part 2

Watching the Coronation was wonderful! I was up before the chickens to watch the ceremony and the royal procession.  


In the evening, I attended a local ice show which was awesome as well. The neon colors were almost as bright as the royal carriage.


Today, I shall be finishing up the Coronation cross stitch while joining others at Kathy’s Slow Sunday stitching link. 


The project was started last week and although not finished for my self-imposed deadline, it’s coming along. The crown will be the finale (-;

Jill




5 comments:

Kim said...

A pretty stitchery to commemorate the coronation of King Charles III. =) No-one does a procession or ceremony quite like the British, do they? I too watched all the fanfare. What it would have been like to sit in the glorious Westminster Abbey and watch all the proceedings. Love, love, love cathedrals.

Jayne Honnold said...

I was not the early bird you were, but I do have it recorded and I will watch throughout the coming week, as I have time. I love your commemorative cross stitch - so sweet and simple!

Kyle said...

Definitely a colorful weekend. Your commemorative x stitch is just right. 🤴

The Cozy Quilter said...

We got up at 5 am to watch the coronation. Your stitching is a great commemoration of the event. Well done for almost finishing it on time!

Jenny said...

Because of the time difference here in New Zealand, the TV coverage started at 7.00pm and we didn't get to bed till 2.00am on Sunday morning. It certainly was well worth the very late night to see this historic event take place. Then we watched the Coronation Concert the following evening. Your cross stitch will be a sweet reminder of this day.