Saturday, May 13, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

The cross stitch coronation keepsake is stitched. Next is the fun part (not) on how to finish it. A beautiful purple tone-on-tone cotton (I shall call it royal purple) was purchased from my local quilt store.  I may add a second border of faux red velvet which was fortunately in my stash.  

Pattern by Helen Phillips on etsy

For Slow Sunday Stitching with Kathy, I hope to finish stitching Augusta which is where the Masters golf tournament is held. I would like to finish the azalea with silk ribbon. A few practice petals are in upper left corner.


I wish the silk ribbon was bit pinker and less rose color, yet, it'll do.  For example, the bright pink azalea that are in full bloom.  


This past week I spotted through the window and blinds the first hummingbird of the season.  A treat!  The best part is this hummer was sipping its natural food.

To all Mom's, may you have a good day!

Jill





7 comments:

Sarah said...

The purple you have chosen for your cross stitch border is perfect! Have a wonderful day.

CathieJ said...

I like the fabric you chose to complement your coronations cross-stitch. I think the August piece looks fantastic as is. Enjoy all of your stitching.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Happy Mother’s Day to you! Your Augusta ornament is pretty! Have fun doing the ribbon petals. Nice border colours for your Coronation cross stitch. We saw our first humming bird this week too.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful projects!

Jenny said...

I cant wait to see your coronation stitching all finished, that royal purple is beautiful.

Kim said...

The purple fabric is the perfect choice for a cross stitch pertaining to all things royal. Love the idea of the red velvet border, too. Your azaleas are beautiful, Jill. Such a gorgeous pink. Spring is blooming beautifully outside your window.

Carol said...

Your coronation project looks wonderful and you couldn't have chosen a better color than purple to finish it with, Jill! Love how detailed the Augusta ornament is, too. I have never done needlepoint, but it looks like a lot of fun. Our hummers have arrived as well--they always remind me of both my mom and mother-in-law as they both loved them. Wishing you a relaxing Memorial Day weekend!