Sunday, May 24, 2020

Slow Snow Angel

Christmas stitching in the month of May continues. A quick update on Lil' Miss Snow Angel. Last week I had a humbling moment when I was a bit too smug stitching on 32 count linen.  The use of chic double layers of magnifiers was great. Unfortunately while working on her outside in the natural light, I noticed her white muff looked dirty in one area. How could that be? Then I discovered my error. In my haste to get her started, two different brands of white floss were used. Grrrr. The difference bothered me enough that I decided to start anew. 



Should you desire the whitest embroidery floss, choose Anchor brand if available in your area. Now she's coming along nicely with a few stitches taken in found bits of time here and there.  Twenty minutes seems to be my max. More progress today as I join Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching linky party.

Dear Kathi at Designs Originals by KC kindly emailed to see if I lived near the Michigan damns that failed in heavy rainfall. 

I live 130 miles southeast of that area. Thankfully and amazingly no lives were lost. Optional info: The Detroit Free Press wrote an informative article on the evacuation. 

To my kindred stitching Americans, may you have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!  

Jill

Your welcomed comments will be answered with a friendly email.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Those floods are dreadful. Reports on the TV reported that thousands had to flee from their homes. In these COVID times, I wonder where everyone goes to stay. As for your angel she is sweet and as for your little mistake, that's okay. I have just noticed the dotted aida she is being stitched on; it is lovely and such fun. I hope you enjoy a pleasant Memorial Day weekend.

Created by Kathi said...

I did not notice 2 different whites in last weeks post nor did I go look... whites reds and blacks can be different from company to company... where to do you find Anchor brand floss in your area?? I too love your choice of background fabric... but I noticed it last week too and adored it.. Kathi

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your little snow angel is coming along nicely even though you started over. It's always good to follow your heart even though it means starting over afterall we want to enjoy our finished pieces!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks awful, glad you were not real close to the flooding - I had forgotten you were in Michigan

CathieJ said...

What a shame that you had to start again. I have an old DMC floss in another color that when I bought a new skein found out that it was quite a different shade. Thankfully I had enough of the old color to finish what I was doing, but I put a note with it for future reference. I do notice though that different brands have different shades of white and black and you must be careful when using. So glad you are not close to the flooding.

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely stitching! Those pictures of that flooding are awful. Glad you are safe!

Kyle said...

Working so small is eye straining. Funny how one white can be so different from another white from a different company. The flooding looks terrible. Just one more issue those folks have to endure. With Michigan lengthened stay at home order we decided to cancel our trip to T. City. Maybe fall will be better.

Quilter Kathy said...

It's always amazing to me how different "white" can look! To me it seems that white should be always be the same! LOL
Glad you are safe from the flooding.
Enjoy your hand stitching!

Sarah said...

How annoying to have to unpick especially on that linen. But it would have annoyed me too! Goodness those floods look bad as if people don't have enough to worry about with this dreadful virus.