Saturday, February 5, 2022

Skate Ornament

Michigan's cold spell continues which makes for a good day to spend indoors stitching. Despite the dark political clouds hanging over the Olympics, the well-trained athletes will be competing. I love watching it all. My favorite sport is figure skating. Therefore, stitching will be done on this needlepoint skate ornament. It was a project started a couple years ago, yet I stalled on choosing fiber colors. Perfect time to revive. This will be a gift for the skater in the family.

Per my last post, the horse-themed fleece blanket has been completed and mailed across the miles.



A crochet picot edge was chosen.  

While being indoors, decluttering, minimizing continues (or whatever 'getting rid of stuff' is currently called). The sewing corner has gotten attention: a new set of drawers and wall decorations. The drawers (on right) are Ikea’s Alex, the letters are from Hobby Lobby, the plates came out of storage and are on display. Normally one would not hang antique Limoges plates in a sewing room, but what the heck as they add to the corner by balancing out the letters and I enjoy seeing them. 


Fibers are chosen and ready for skate stitching progress while joining kindred stitchers at Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching link party!


Thank you for your kindly visit!

Jill








8 comments:

Kim said...

Those Limoges plates look perfect displayed nearby your gorgeous quilt! I love that you thought to display these in your sewing room. Love those skates! The perfect project to be stitching as you follow the excitement of the ice skating competition. The skaters are amazing, aren't they. I can only imagine the years spent in training; perfecting their every skill. Enjoy your stitching.

CathieJ said...

I have plates hanging in my bedroom. They are a very pretty design element and as you said, you enjoy looking at them. I love the skate ornament and the yarns you chose for it. I have been getting a lot of crafting completed by watching the Olympics. I love all of it.

Created by Kathi said...

I love your sewing corner and your plates are extraordinary for sure... next time you post will you include the quilt to the right with the dresses... I LOVE THAT and would love to see it also :)
Enjoy the skate stitching... I love that kind of work with yarn and mesh...enjoy and stay warm!
Kathi

Miaismine said...

Wow....your sewing area is lovely! The quilt on the right is so pretty! Your crocheted edging on the blanket adds such a special touch! And your plates? Lovely! Thank you for sharing!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Cozy sewing corner! A great place to display your pretty plates. The skates are a perfect project to work on while watching the olympics!

Karrin Hurd said...

Love the plates there! Great sewing corner. Figure skating is my favorite too! Hope you have a great week!

Kyle said...

What a sweet cozy sewing spot. Take advantage of your indoor time. I notice those indigo and white blocks waiting for your attention.

Carol said...

I love the ice skating piece that you're working on Jill! I've never done needlepoint--is it a lot different than cross stitching? Your sewing corner looks wonderful. I have those Alex drawers (only the wider size) in my work space in our sunroom, too--love them! The plates look so special there, too. I've done a bit of decluttering this year, but need to do a lot more--we've been in this home for 38 years now and have two attics and a basement! I really need to step up my game :)

Hope you're having a great week! ♥